Wednesday 23 May 2012

Monday 21st.....A day of mixed emotions and Scones with clotted cream and jam!

What a day.......Adam flew to New York leaving home at 6am, to work for two weeks. It was such a surprise for him to be asked to go,by E&Y, and he had mixed feelings as it meant cutting short his time with us just when we were going to be here with him for his birthday. However, it was not an opportunity he could turn down, especially as they flew him business class and a limo the other end to drive him to Connecticut! We will catch up with him in Canada though. At the same time Simon and I drove back to The Midlands to attend my Uncle's funeral. This gave us an opportunity to meet up with my Aunt and cousins again but sad to say goodbye. Feeling rather low we decided to drive back to London via the country roads instead of the motorway and, not long after leaving Bromsgrove, found ourselves in Stratford-Upon-Avon and Anne Hathaway's cottage. What a chocolate box picture it is and the gardens were so typically English. We wandered around the house,learned a little bit more about Will Shakespeare and his antics, had a cream tea in the garden and the sun came out, the blackbirds sang and I cheered up, certain that my Uncle had requested a little bit of sunshine on such a sad day. Anyway, as you can see from the pics the Weight Watcher diet is also on holiday ......I cannot resist clotted cream when it is dolloped onto my plate, so have promised I will get back to the diet as soon as I return to Adelaide.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blog land........I'm a bit slow and didn't realise you were here!! SO good to see you and the photos - enjoy the rest of your time. Big Aussie hugs XX

    ReplyDelete